Frequently Asked Questions
Theramatch provides an internet directory which is easy for consumers to use. We believe that the traditional medical directories often provide a barrier to consumers who are searching for information about therapeutic services. Theramatch is a highly accessible free alternative which is constantly being updated. The Theramatch directory is available 24 hours a day to consumers anywhere in the world. When you use our Click Referral Service, we suggest that you write down some questions that you can ask the mental health professional when he/she calls you.For Example:
- Can you give me some more information about your educational background and training?
- What kinds of clients do you serve?
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Do you accept insurance?
- What kinds of insurance do you accept?
- What do you charge for an office visit or a telephone consultation?
What's the point of Theramatch.com?
- We are an interactive directory of clinical services for consumers and professionals. We are a rapidly growing directory with the mission of helping professionals to market their practice online. "We Market, You Practice."
Are Theramatch's services free?
- For Consumers: Yes, searching through profiles, obtaining a "Click Referral," and joining the Community are all free of charge.
- For Professionals: Right now we are beta testing our site and all functions are free. As we progress and improve our services a modest fee for full functionality may be charged.
Some of the parts on the site are not showing up. What can be the cause of this problem?
- Most likely if you cannot see the header (with the butterfly on it), then it means you do not have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. It is a free plug-in for your browser that is widely used on the internet to provide interactive environments online. Please go to http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW to get it installed on your computer.
How to upload a picture and put it in your profile?
- Once you log-in, click on "Upload your photo" link and proceed. Here you will see a button "Browse" that you should click, locate your picture on your computer, and then simply click "Submit". It is a good idea to keep the photo in a ".jpg" format for best accessibility and to keep the photo in reasonable dimensions (try to keep it within 200x200 specs). Note that if the picture is too big, it will be resized automatically. If you are having problems with this or not sure what to do, you can always e-mail us the picture (or give us a link where it is located) and we will resize and upload it for you.
How to upload a YouTube video?
- If you already have a video residing on YouTube.com, then simply go into your profile and click on "Upload a YouTube.com video" link. Here you will be able to give your video a title and link it using a unique embed code (which you can find on the YouTube website after you upload the video there). If you are unsure how to upload a video on YouTube, please consult this website for information: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=10524.
How do I get a better ranking within Theramatch's search page?
- Entering more information about yourself and your practice can get you a better ranking on Theramatch's search page within your state and zipcode. For example, add a photo, create a YouTube video and add content in the "About" section will improve your ranking. The more you use Theramatch's platform the better your chances of being seen on the internet and building your referral base.